New Protein Capital / Nuritas
SB Avocats conseille New Protein Capital dans son investissement dans Nuritas
26 octobre 2015 – communiqué de presse
Biotech start-up disrupts therapeutics discovery using artificial intelligence and DNA sequencing
Dublin, Ireland, October 26th — Nuritas, a start-up using artificial intelligence that is reinventing therapeutics discovery, announced a $3.2 million financing, the highest initial investment ever raised by an Irish company operating in this space. Singapore-based New Protein Capital (NPC), a food and agro-tech investment firm, led the round, which brought together financial supporters from three continents including renowned Silicon Valley investor Ali Partovi.
Using a unique platform that combines artificial intelligence and DNA sequencing, Nuritas discovers particular molecules – called peptides – in natural sources such as food that have scientifically validated health benefits. The company is able to find and unlock these life-changing peptides ten times faster than the prohibitive norm and at a fraction of the cost, thus establishing Nuritas as a game-changer within the health and wellness industry. Nuritas has already developed and patented health-improving ingredients that can address global challenges as broad as inflammation, diabetes, ageing and MRSA, amongst others.
“I was told this was impossible and I decided not to listen,” said founder of Nuritas, Dr. Nora Khaldi, “I built a team who believe in what we do and together we made it happen. We have discovered and patented some incredible life-changing ingredients and we will discover many more.”
Emmet Browne, CEO of Nuritas, said, “We are delighted to collaborate with such like-minded and visionary investors to help us accelerate the discovery revolution that we have already started. We share the same vision of dramatically improving life through combining cutting edge technology with intellect. With this investment we will become even better at speedily unlocking nature’s life-changing secrets that have remained hidden until now and as a result, improve global health.”
“A groundbreaking technology, scalable solutions and the ability to use big data mining to identify new natural health-benefiting ingredients for food and other areas, perfectly fits in the ecosystem of companies NPC has invested and is looking at investing in in the future” says Matthieu Vermersch, Founder of New Protein Capital in Singapore. “Nora Khaldi and Emmet Browne, have chosen a highly innovative path to address profound consumer market challenges. From the very first discussion the harmony between our visions was obvious.” he added.
Vous envisagez de réaliser une levée de fonds ?
Avocats au Barreau de Paris
151, boulevard Haussmann
T: + 33 1 53 53 42 42
F: + 33 1 53 53 42 50
- Winner Boutique – Venture Capital Law Firm of the Year 20204 mai 2020 - 11 h 04 min
- Winner – Global Venture Awards 201919 juin 2019 - 13 h 50 min
- SB Avocats – Winner « Venture Capital Law Firm of the Year » – Global 100 – 20188 octobre 2018 - 13 h 40 min
- SB Avocats Winner – Venture Capital Law Firm of the Year 201716 mars 2017 - 7 h 17 min
- SB Avocats Winner – Venture Capital Law Firm of the Year 20166 juin 2016 - 7 h 27 min
- SB Avocats Winner 2014 Global Law Expert Practice25 juin 2014 - 11 h 10 min
- Vidéo du WorkShop The Family sur le « AIR »15 mai 2014 - 18 h 08 min
- Carenity / xClinical20 janvier 2021 - 10 h 35 min
- Keyrus / XiOmega12 novembre 2020 - 10 h 40 min
- Hemea30 septembre 2019 - 15 h 57 min
- Kameleoon1 juillet 2019 - 9 h 27 min
- Content Square / Pricing Assistant26 juin 2019 - 10 h 27 min
- I-Lunch17 mai 2019 - 9 h 59 min
- Welcome to the Jungle / Dot.Conferences14 février 2019 - 10 h 37 min