SB Avocats conseille Carenity dans son rapprochement avec xClinical
XClinical to merge with Carenity and Fortress Medical Systems forming a new data science company serving life science markets worldwide
20 janvier 2021 : source (communiqué de presse)
MUNICH, Germany, Jan. 20, 2021 — XClinical, a leading vendor of eClinical software has announced a merger with France-based Carenity, a social platform supporting patients and caregivers worldwide, and Fortress Medical Systems, the US-based vendor of Clindex®, an integrated CTMS and EDC system. All three companies are long-established, leading providers in their respective markets. The group is financed by German Private Equity firm BID Equity. Together, the three businesses will form a new, innovative data science company, powered by cutting edge technology. The group brings best in class data science and eClinical software solutions together, delivering end-to-end coverage of the clinical development process for their 150+ customers in over 20 countries, including US, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Japan and China.
Biopharma, Medical Device as well as Academic sponsors and CROs worldwide will benefit from progressive and cost-efficient solutions such as feasibility studies, Real World Evidence data collection, patient recruitment, market access support in combination with EDC, CTMS, IWRS, eTMF, RBM and eCOA.
XClinical, a leading international provider of eClinical software solutions, has been the first acquisition in BID Equity’s Life Sciences portfolio. The company was founded in 2002 in Munich, Germany with a vision to build a new EDC system leveraging CDISC standards to accelerate the database build and reduce data management programming efforts. XClinical’s Marvin is one of the world’s most established eClinical solutions, helping clinical study sponsors and CROs harness the power of their data to better manage clinical trials.
Carenity is a leading social platform supporting 500,000 patients and caregivers worldwide, across 1,000 chronic and rare diseases. Through its award-winning platform and data science expertise, Carenity provides direct, timely, and compliant access to patient real-world data. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Paris, Carenity offers unique solutions for Real-World Evidence, Clinical Trial Optimization as well as Scientific Communication.
About Fortress Medical Systems
Fortress Medical Systems was founded in 1997 with the launch of Clindex®, one of the first integrated software systems designed for clinical trials. Over the years, Clindex® has been used to support medical device pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and combination product studies. By working closely with their customers, the Fortress Medical team managed to grow the functionality of Clindex® so it is one of the most flexible and comprehensive systems on the market today. The client base spans the world. As a testament to the scalability of Clindex®, clients range from Fortune 500 corporations to small, start-up companies and include many contract Clinical Research Organizations as well.
Vous envisagez de réaliser une levée de fonds ?
Avocats au Barreau de Paris
151, boulevard Haussmann
T: + 33 1 53 53 42 42
F: + 33 1 53 53 42 50
- Winner Boutique – Venture Capital Law Firm of the Year 20204 mai 2020 - 11 h 04 min
- Winner – Global Venture Awards 201919 juin 2019 - 13 h 50 min
- SB Avocats – Winner « Venture Capital Law Firm of the Year » – Global 100 – 20188 octobre 2018 - 13 h 40 min
- SB Avocats Winner – Venture Capital Law Firm of the Year 201716 mars 2017 - 7 h 17 min
- SB Avocats Winner – Venture Capital Law Firm of the Year 20166 juin 2016 - 7 h 27 min
- SB Avocats Winner 2014 Global Law Expert Practice25 juin 2014 - 11 h 10 min
- Vidéo du WorkShop The Family sur le « AIR »15 mai 2014 - 18 h 08 min
- Carenity / xClinical20 janvier 2021 - 10 h 35 min
- Keyrus / XiOmega12 novembre 2020 - 10 h 40 min
- Hemea30 septembre 2019 - 15 h 57 min
- Kameleoon1 juillet 2019 - 9 h 27 min
- Content Square / Pricing Assistant26 juin 2019 - 10 h 27 min
- I-Lunch17 mai 2019 - 9 h 59 min
- Welcome to the Jungle / Dot.Conferences14 février 2019 - 10 h 37 min